- 1 Onion
- 1 Leek (only white part)
- 1 Carrot
- 1 white celery stem
- 1 Courgette
- 1 chopped fennel
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small piece of Ginger
- 1 clove
- Some thyme, parsley, chives and bay leaves
- A pinch of coarse salt
- Energy value: ca. 15 kcal
- Features: Rich in minerals salt
- Ideal as: Basic preparation for many recipes but can also be simply sipped
- Indicated in case of diarrhea, to reintegrate lost fluids
Clean and wash the vegetables and herbs. Put all herbs in a bunch and wrap around some garze.
Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and add cold water until to cover them.
Bring to the boil and simmer. Cook over a gentle heat for about 1 hour. Filter and store.
The broth must be filtered before use. Whenever you need broth for recipes, always remember to heat it. Unless otherwise stated, broths should always be at boiling point.